Pair a flavorful chicken salad with the crisp bite of a quick pickled cucumber. Super tasty for a quick weeknight meal!
Asian Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Makes 4 sandwiches
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 English cucumber, halved, seeded, and sliced thin
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 (2 1/2-pound) rotisserie chicken, skin and bones discarded, meat shredded into bite-size pieces (3 cups)
- 6 scallions, sliced thin
- 2 tsp. sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper
- 8 (1/2-inch-thick) slices rustic white bread, lightly toasted
Combine vinegar and sugar in microwave-safe medium bowl and microwave until sugar dissolves, about 90 seconds. Add cucumber slices to bowl and toss to combine.
Whisk together mayonnaise, soy sauce, sesame oil, and ginger in a large bowl until combined. Add chicken, scallions, and sesame seeds to bowl with mayonnaise mixture and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Top 4 slices bread with chicken salad, followed by cucumbers, then remaining 4 slices bread.
Recipe Source: Simple Weeknight Favorites – America’s Test Kitchen cookbook