I’ve said it before, but I love snacking. There’s something so satisfying about watching a game surrounded by yummy things to munch on, and this was no exception. I found myself adding this to my plate many, many times throughout the night, and everyone else was as well. Suffice to say, there were no leftovers of this one!
Bacon Jalapeno Cheese Ball
Makes 12 servings
15 minutes to prep, plus an hour to refrigerate!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (2 ounces)
- 6 slices bacon, cooked until crisp, chopped, and divided
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and finely chopped, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup chopped pecans, toasted
In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, cheddar cheese, half of the bacon, half of the jalapenos, garlic, parsley, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, ground cumin and cayenne pepper until well combined.
On a plate, combine remaining bacon, jalapenos, and toasted pecans until evenly mixed. Shape cream cheese mixture into a ball, and roll the ball in the pecan mixture until coated on all sides.
Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. Serve with your favorite crackers.