Spaghetti with Red Pepper-Toasted Almond Pesto
- 1 cup drained jarred roasted red peppers, patted dry with paper towels
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 6 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound spaghetti
1. Bring water to boil in a large pot for the pasta. In a food processor, combine red peppers, Parmesan, almonds, basil, garlic, and lemon juice and process until smooth. With the motor running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil until its all incorporated in the pesto. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Add spaghetti and 1 Tbsp. salt to boiling water and cook until al dente according to the package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water, drain the pasta, and return it to the pot. Add pesto to the pasta and toss to combine, adding reserved pasta water as needed to thin out the sauce. Season with salt and pepper and enjoy!
Recipe from The Best Simple Recipes – Cook’s Illustrated