Several people tend to make healthy eating resolutions around the start of a new year…I’m not very good at that so I just consider it a daily struggle, but if you’re one of those
normal people, you may enjoy a creamy without containing cream pasta!
Creamy Avocado Pasta
Makes 2 servings
- 1 medium ripe avocado, pitted and skin removed
- 1/2 lemon, juiced (reserve lemon zest for garnish)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 small shallot, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 cup fresh Basil
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 6 oz pasta, your choice as to shape
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
Bring water to a boil in a medium sized pot. Add pasta and cook according to manufacturer’s directions.
While you’re waiting for the water to boil, combine garlic cloves, shallot, lemon juice, and olive oil into a food processor. Process until smooth. Add in avocado, basil, and salt. Process until smooth and creamy.
When pasta is done cooking, drain and place in a large bowl. Add avocado sauce and toss to combine. Garnish with lemon zest, pine nuts, and black pepper.
Serve immediately (this does not reheat well).
Recipe slightly adapted from Oh She Glows