This post has been biding its time. I made this dip to take to a Superbowl gathering, and I would make it again. I really enjoyed the fresh spinach take on it. Also, sometimes I feel spinach artichoke dips can become a little greasy, especially from the mayo, so I enjoyed this version that only has 1/4 cup!
Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (14 ounce) can or jar artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained or 2 handfuls of fresh baby spinach, chopped (I used the fresh)
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a small baking dish.
In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, Romano cheese, garlic, basil, garlic salt, salt and pepper. Gently stir in artichoke hearts and spinach.
Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish. Top with mozzarella cheese.
Bake in the preheated oven 25 minutes, until bubbly and lightly browned. Serve with tortilla chips or your favorite dipper.
Recipe source: Your Homebased Mom