As previously noted, I’m always looking for yummy vegetarian meals. They’re usually easier to throw together last minute…no thawing chicken or having to precook it, plus it’s just a nice change. Not the healthiest meal ever with the various dairy, but we throughly enjoyed it. I may have added a little extra cheese to our topping. 😉 These will be made again!
Creamy Vegetable Enchiladas
- 1 medium zucchini, cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 8-ounce can sliced mushrooms, drained (I omitted.)
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can corn, drained (I used frozen.)
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 10-ounce package chopped frozen spinach, thawed and well-drained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded colby cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream, divided
- 1 jar salsa, divided
- 6- or 8-inch flour tortillas
Stir in corn, black beans, spinach, chili powder, cumin, and salt and pepper to taste. Transfer mixture to a large bowl.
Mix vegetables with cream cheese, 1 cup shredded cheese, 1/2 cup sour cream, and 1/2 cup salsa. Divide evenly among flour tortillas and roll up. Place seam-side down in a greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
In a separate bowl, combine remaining salsa with 1 cup sour cream. Pour over enchiladas in pan and top with remaining 1 cup cheese. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes or until enchiladas are heated through and cheese is melted.
Recipe found at Cassie Craves