When my parents came to visit this fall, I made chicken and beef gyros, a greek salad, and these yummy potatoes. Although I never got around to posting the recipe, I haven’t stopped thinking about these potatoes, so I’m actually making them again tonight!
Greek Style Potatoes with Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 shallot, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano, or 1/2 tablespoon dried
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 pounds large russet potatoes, cleaned, each cut lengthwise into 6 wedges
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, shallots, garlic, oregano, and parsley in a medium bowl to blend; season with salt and pepper.
Toss potatoes with vinaigrette on a heavy, large, rimmed baking sheet. Season potatoes with salt and pepper. Roast potatoes until tender and golden brown, turning occasionally, about 45 minutes.
Recipe adapted from Bobby Flay