When I was putting together a menu for the party, I wanted a few appetizers that were more than just chips and/or dip related, so I ended up adding these to the southwest egg-rolls and pepperoni bread to help round out the line-up. 😉 I’m glad I did!
I did have one thing I’d change…I would use a flavored/sturdier tortilla. I find that the refrigerator plain ones I usually buy have a little bit of a softer texture, and I think I would have like the texture and flavor difference of a slightly firmer and flavored tortilla.
Chicken Enchilada Roll-Ups
- 2 (8-oz.) packages cream cheese, softened (I used reduced fat.)
- 1 1/3 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- cayenne pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- 1 small rotisserie chicken, skinned and shredded or ~12 oz. cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 10-oz. can Rotel tomatoes, drained
- 1 package tortillas, any flavor (Next time I would use a flavored tortilla versus plain)
Mix cream cheese and Mexican cheese together until well blended. Add all remaining ingredients and mix well.
Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
Place one heaping spoonful onto tortilla. Spread to edges using a spatula or knife.
Roll and cut into slices. Repeat until you run out of filling!
Recipe found at Delicious Meliscious