- 1 1/4 pound ground chicken breast
- 3 garlic cloves, 2 finely chopped, 1 cracked from skin
- 4 anchovies, finely chopped (I omitted.)
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Salt and coarse black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- A handful flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest plus juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), plus some for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 heart of romaine lettuce, chopped (I used spinach)
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 crusty rolls, split in half
Combine chicken, finely chopped garlic, anchovies (if using), parmesan, salt, generous amount of pepper, Worcestershire sauce, parsley and lemon zest. Mix the meat and form four burger patties.
Heat a large nonstick skillet with one tablespoon of EVOO, a turn of the pan, over medium-high heat. When hot, add the chicken patties and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side. Alternatively, grill burgers over medium high heat, 3-4 minutes on each side.
Pre-heat the broiler and toast the bread on a cookie sheet or broiler pan or toast on the grill. Once lightly golden in color, remove from oven and rub the breads with cracked garlic. Drizzle bread with the EVOO.
Combine dijon, lemon juice and 2-3 tablespoons of EVOO with salt and pepper, and toss the greens with it.
Place the patties on the bun bottoms, and top with a pile of romaine, sliced tomatoes and bun tops.