Inevitably I am always making pasta salad. It’s great to take as a side item to someone’s house as I did with this batch, but it’s also one of those fantastic ways to clean out all the vegetables in your refrigerator. We’ve also eaten this several times as our entree, and its great to have on hand to munch on during the weekend. Sometimes I make my own dressing, sometimes I used bottled, sometimes I use it to combine two or three dressings to use stuff up!
I’m sure they’ll eventually be several variations that end up on here, but here’s this one…
- 1 lb. box of any short cut pasta, I used tri-color rotini
- 1/2 – 1 c. broccoli florets
- 1/2 c. grape (or cherry) tomatoes, I like that they don’t get their tomato “juice” all over my pasta serving!
- 1 carrot thinly sliced
- 1/2 block of mozzerella, cubed – I’ve used the semi-soft, brick, fresh – anything cheese is probably good in my book!
- 1/2 c. pepperoni slices – you can usually get the “party” pepperoni at the deli counter or with the lunchmeat, but you could also use the large sandwich style and slice it up
- 1 red pepper, diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Italian dressing, to coat
Cook pasta according to package’s directions. Drain in a colander and rinse with cool water until it’s room temperature. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and toss with the dressing to coat…EASY!!!