Another Cook’s Illustrated winner. This was a recipe I had been searching for since we moved. I always find side dishes the biggest challenge, because you want something easy that doesn’t take forever to prepare. These fit the bill, and with that crispy exterior I love, will easily become a go-to option for us!
Pan-Roasted Lemon Potatoes
- 12 ounces small red potatoes (about 4), halved, rinsed, and drained
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and smashed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
1. Bring the potatoes, broth, lemon juice, smashed garlic clove, and 1/4 tsp. salt to a simmer in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and cook until the potatoes are just tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
2. Uncover, increase heat to medium, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes. Remove and discard the smashed garlic clove and add the oil to the pan. Arrange all the potatoes cut side down and continue to cook until deep golden brown, about 5 minutes longer.
3. Transfer the potatoes to a bowl and gently toss with the lemon zest, minced garlic, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!
Recipe from Cooking for Two 2010- Cook’s Illustrated